Browse by Category
Okotoks Healthy Family Resource Centre (OHFRC)
11 Cimarron Common
Okotoks, Alberta T1S 2E9
Helping to strengthen individuals and families by making connections to community resources.
t: view phone (403) 995-2626
f: view fax (403) 995-2663
Okotoks Healthy Family Resource Centre (OHFRC) offers the following products and/or services:
» Community & Family (89)
»» Community Resources (44)
»»» Subsidized Housing (1)
»»» Services for Seniors (2)
»»» Services for People with Disabilities (1)
»»» Services for Children & Families (27)
»»» Non Profit Organizations (2)
»»» Health Services (14)
»»» Employment Services (1)
»»» Emergency Shelters (1)
»»» Addictions (6)
The Okotoks Healthy Family Resource Centre (OHFRC) opened in 2000 and serves residents from Okotoks and surrounding areas including Black Diamond, Turner Valley and the Municipal District of Foothills.
Each family is unique and entitled to individualized services in their own community. Residents have the ability to determine what services they need and to make decisions that affect them.
Honesty, respect and trust:
Individuals choose to access the Centre and receive services based upon disclosure of their current situation and needs. Confidentiality is maintained.
The wellness and strengths of an individual, family and community are emphasized. Services are provided with an understanding that all individuals may require support at some time in their life and seeking this support is a sign of strength.
1. To provide a single, accessible point of entry for families to obtain the supports and resources they require in a safe and accepting environment.
2. To provide a timely intervention, including any education, support or crisis management that would assist families in becoming stronger, more self-reliant and accountable for the decisions that affect them.
3. To improve the accessibility of formal and informal community resources.
Are you new to the community or curious about what services are available locally?
One visit can connect you to community services that will best meet your needs.
Education and Information
With the right resources and information, families can flourish. The Centre provides:
* seminars (parenting, relationships, budgeting, etc.)
* fun, free family events
* a self-help lending library of books, videos, and brochures.
* current job postings
* social advocacy
SUPPORT AND ASSISTANCE
Occasionally families experience difficulties and can benefit from additional services. Programs offered through the Centre include:
* fee assistance for recreation
* emergency funding assistance
* Christmas supports
* summer camp registration
* school supply funding
* free tickets to events (as available)
* Please visit the Centre to discuss eligibility for these programs.
OFFICE SPACE FOR VISITING PROFESSIONALS
An office at the Centre is used by professionals from other organizations such as:
* the Alberta Alcohol and Drug Abuse Commission (AADAC)
* the Government of Alberta (Alberta Works program, including Income Support and Child Support Services)
* space available free of charge for other non-profit organizations who work with Okotoks residents.
All programs and services are free of charge.
Hours of work
Monday: 8:15 am - 4:30 pm
Tuesday: 8:15 pm - 4:30 pm
Wednesday: 8:15 am - 4:30 pm
Thursday: 8:15 am - 6:00 pm
Friday: 8:15 am - 4:30 pm